Do you want to pursue a career in Business Admin? Do you want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification with a guaranteed permanent position? Then an Apprenticeship with Alerter Group could be for you!
Alerter group provides emergency communication systems, primarily for disabled people. We are an award-winning & market-leading company whose purpose is ‘Saving Lives Through Technology’.
This is an exciting new opportunity for a Business Administration Apprentice to join Alerter Group and assist with day-to-day administrative duties. Here you will learn the ins and out of business, support and engage with different parts of the organisation.
As a Business Administrator, every day will be different! Your days could include the following;
- Liaising with the field sales team & assisting with their admin, e.g. proofreading documentation
- Processing customer orders – checking details with the sales & finance teams before processing
- Screening & handling incoming enquiries on the phone/via email & greeting any visitors
- Assisting with the company’s social events organisation
- Managing the upkeep of the reception area – including the Board room, ensuring it is tidy, particularly before visitors arrive. Ensure all required equipment is available. Ensure it is tidy before leaving each night and that lights are turned off, and windows and blinds are closed.
- Making and serving refreshments for meetings as required.
- Accept deliveries – greeting couriers, checking delivery and signing paperwork.
- Visitor book/cleaners’ records – ensure a new empty sheet is in the book each morning and used sheets are filed away
- Ensuring information systems/databases are kept up-to-date as required
- General emails, phone calls & internet research as needed
The Hours: 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday 8:30am-5pm with 1 hour for lunch.
We’re looking for “Alerter Group people”. What’s that? Well, our successful team members can be described as: Friendly, ethical, helpful, approachable, hardworking, pro-active, confident, having a good sense of humour & a positive attitude.
As part of your Apprenticeship, you will be enrolled onto a nationally recognised Business Administrator qualification via our training partner. Your Apprenticeship typically takes 12 months to complete and is fully supported through a combination of regular online lessons and access to their team of experts for 1-2-1 advice and support.
Within Alerter Group you will be allocated a mentor who will support you throughout your Apprenticeship, helping you develop the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed.
When you complete your Apprenticeship, your development does not stop there! You’ll be given lots of opportunities to grow and progress further within Alerter Group.
What you will need:
One of the best things about an Apprenticeship with us is that you don’t need to have experience or any prior qualifications in this area!
We keep our list of requirements short, but there are a few that you will need:
- Desirable Qualifications are: Grade 9/A* – 4/C in GCSE English Language and Maths or equivalent
- We are looking for an individual to commence with us in August or beginning of September 2022
- Passion for developing your skills both professionally and personally
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and hard-working with a positive attitude
What we will give you:
Here at Alerter Group, we value every member of our team & reward you through a great package of benefits, including:
- 23 Days annual leave + bank holidays
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Additional day annual leave per year of employment – up to a maximum of 5 days
- Quarterly company social events (free for you!)
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Located close to Derby City Centre (on Bus route)
- Join the company at an exciting time, as we prepare to expand and relocate our offices!